The Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield (CCGS)
What Is CCGS?
The Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield (CCGS) was formed in 1971 by the presidents of its eight member institutions: American International College, Bay Path College, Elms College, Holyoke Community College, Springfield College, Springfield Technical Community College, Western New England College, and Westfield State College.
Through cooperative planning at the presidential level and the functioning of committees from different administrative levels at member institutions, CCGS serves to:
- enrich the educational offerings, cultural events, and social activities available at each college
- offer a wide variety of programs and fields of study to students at each institution
- provide a valuable economic and educational resource to the Greater Springfield community
Each semester, CCGS members share academic coursework, allowing students from one college to take classes at another. All colleges share library resources, and jointly promote cultural events, concerts, and sporting events available to all CCGS institution students and Pioneer Valley community members.
CCGS Springfield College Student Benefits
As a Springfield College student, you have access and use of many CCGS cooperative programs and services, including:
- Student and faculty inter-college library privileges
- Joint student activities
- Academic cooperation
- Student activity calendars