Student Volunteer Programs
The mission of the Office of Student Volunteer Programs is to educate students through community-based learning experiences in preparation for lives as active citizens and community leaders in service to humanity. In an effort to realize this mission, the Office of Student Volunteer Programs assists students in locating and organizing community service activities that further their educational experience.
The office provides the following services:
- Information on community service opportunities located in our surrounding community
- Coordination of one-day service activities for large numbers of students and community members
- Coordination and advising on the operation of ongoing, structured service programs
- Advising for student-led community service organizations
- Assistance for faculty in the exploration and utilization of service learning in their curriculum
- Leadership opportunities for students as campus organizers and activists
The Office of Student Volunteer Programs is located in the Richard B. Flynn Campus Union. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Director of Student Volunteer Programs