Professional Development Fund and Conference Reimbursement
The current board of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) believes that conferences specific to professional development or experiential in a given graduate study discipline are important for the constituencies. In this regard, the GSO has earmarked funds to be used to offset costs of attending such conferences for graduate students of Springfield College. The following are the criteria for how these funds will be dispersed:
- In order to be eligible for conference reimbursement, individuals must be full-time graduate students at Springfield College.
- Eligible graduate students must be active GSO members. An active member is defined as someone who regularly attends GSO meetings or events.
- The GSO will only reimburse for conference fees, not travel or lodging.
- The GSO will reimburse up to $100 per semester for conference fees of eligible members.
- To apply for reimbursement, GSO members must write a professional proposal including itemized costs of fees, the website for conference information (if applicable), and a copy of any conference registration materials. Please send an email with the proposal as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon return from the conference, receipts must be submitted to receive reimbursement.
Questions can be directed to Chris Doyle, president of GSO, at email@example.com.