About Abbey-Appleton Hall
Abbey Hall was constructed in 1950 and was home to the first female students to live on campus. Years later, an addition, called Appleton Hall, was made to the building to accommodate a growing female presence on campus. Abbey-Appleton Hall is a coed residence hall housing 200 upper-class residents in double rooms. The hall is centrally located on campus just a few feet from the new Richard B. Flynn Campus Union and across the street from the Wellness Center and Field House. The hall offers residents three public kitchens, open lounges on every floor, and a main lounge in the garden level. The main lounge is equipped with Internet access, a big screen TV, a ping pong table, and a pool table. Also located in the garden level is a study lounge with Internet access for students who prefer to study outside of their room. Behind the building is a volleyball court and a large green where students often play Frisbee, Wiffle ball, and football.
There are many exciting events which take place in Abbey-Appleton Hall, including:
- Abbey Luau – An event held at the end of April/early May on the Abbey Green. The event is a time for students to celebrate the end of the academic year with food, music, and other activities.
- Pints and Pancakes – The goal of this event is to help students relax before finals with a large breakfast cooked by the hall staff, and free pint glasses. The event takes place in December, at the end of fall semester.