Patient visits are scheduled by appointment, however, walk-in patients will be accommodated depending upon staff availability. Urgent care problems will be seen immediately without an appointment. To schedule an appointment, call (413) 748-3175.
- Medical clinic appointments are scheduled daily.
- Gynecology clinic provides women’s health care including annual Pap tests, contraceptive services, STD testing, breast exams, and treatment of vaginal infections.
- Orthopedic clinic appointments are scheduled every other week and staffed by an orthopedic physician assistant
- Nutrition clinic appointments are scheduled weekly and staffed by a registered dietitian.
- Immunizations available through the health center include Tetanus, and tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Allergy shots can be administered when a physician is on site.
- Prescriptions can be written at the health center and filled at a local pharmacy.
- Contraceptives written prescriptions are available through the health center and can be filled at a local pharmacy. The emergency contraceptive pill (ECP) and condoms are available on site for a nominal fee.
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment are available for both men and women.
- Laboratory tests can be collected at the health center and sent to a local laboratory for analysis. A limited number of lab tests including urine dipsticks, urine pregnancy tests, and blood glucose can be performed on site.
- Phlebotomy services for obtaining blood specimens can be performed on site for processing at a local medical laboratory.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) with an automated 12-lead diagnostic electrocardiograph can be performed on site.
- Intravenous (IV) therapy for outpatient hydration can be performed on site.
- Physical therapy services with a medical prescription are available on site for non-athletes. Athletes can receive physical therapy services through athletic training.
Student Health Center Summer Hours
- Monday – Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Administrative Services Only
Call: 413 748-3175
- Springfield College Health Center
- 263 Alden Street
- Springfield, MA 01109
- Telephone: (413) 748-3175
- Fax: (413) 748-3444