Prescriptions can be written at the health center and filled at a local pharmacy. The closest pharmacy to the Springfield College campus is:
Rite Aid Pharmacy
126 Island Pond Road
A limited selection of over-the-counter (non-prescription) medication samples are available without charge at the health center including cough drops, cough syrup, ibuprofen, and decongestants.
The emergency contraceptive pill (ECP), Plan B, is available on-site for $20 payable by cash or check. The ECP can be taken up to 120 hours (5 days) after unprotected intercourse. To schedule an appointment for ECP, call the health center at (413) 748-3175.
Health Center Hours
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., during the fall and spring semesters
- Closed weekends and holidays.
- To check for specific hours for Medical Clinic, Gynecology Clinic, and Orthopedic Clinic, call (413) 748-3175.
- Springfield College Health Center
- 263 Alden Street
- Springfield, MA 01109
- Telephone: (413) 748-3175
- Fax: (413) 748-3444