The Career Center embraces the opportunity to support parents and provide them the resources to positively help their sons and daughters through the career development process. Although each student will progress through the stages of this process at his or her own pace, we want to share some of the career-related steps.
Together, we can support your student in each of these stages.
- Parents of First-Year Students
- Parents of Second-Year Students
- Parents of “Mid-Career” Third-Year Students
- Parents of Graduating Seniors
Stay in touch with the Career Center:
- Visit the Web site at www.springfieldcollege.edu/career
- Call (413) 748-3222 or (413) 748-3110.
- Sign up for the Parent E-Newsletter by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Career Center is an important link in partnering with parents to effectively assist students as they manage their career planning process. Studies have shown that many parents recognize the significant influence they have in their student’s career decision making, yet are often reluctant to actively participate in the career exploration and planning process. Our aim is to work with parents during their student’s college years with the shared goal of providing students with guidance and resources throughout the career decisionmaking process.
- Job Outlook Spring 2013 Update: Employers Trim Their HiringProjections
- Job Outlook 2013: Hiring Up 13 Percent, Degrees in Demand
- SCStudentMedia:Uncertain Job Market Awaits Seniors
- Savvy Grads Bring Extra Edge to Intense Entry-Level Job Market
- Paid Internships Key to Job-Search Success
- Recommended Readings for Parents of College Students
- Preparing the Workers of Today for the Jobs of Tomorrow
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FAQs for Students with a Work Study Grant
- Careers 411