Aquatics Complex Policies and Procedures
- A current Springfield College ID is required to gain entry into the facility.
- Alumni pool users (restricted hours): please be prepared to present a photo ID so staff members can match your name to the list at the welcome desk.
- The pool is staffed with one or more lifeguards during all recreational hours of operation.
- There is absolutely no swimming allowed without a lifeguard on duty.
General Pool Rules:
- The Department of Public Health regulations are posted on the front wall of the facility. Please read and abide by the regulations. Note that a cleansing shower is mandatory before entering the swimming pool.
- Respect the lifeguards. They have final authority on safety issues and emergency situations.
- No running or horseplay.
- Upon hearing one whistle blow, direct attention to the lifeguard. Two long whistle blows signal that all swimmers must exit the pool immediately.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- One person at a time on the diving boards. Clear the landing area quickly.
- Diving deemed unsafe by the lifeguard will be prohibited.
- No food or glass on the pool deck. Glass masks are prohibited.
- No hanging on the lane lines.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the pool area.
- No swimming under the bulkhead.
- Overnight locks are not permitted on the lockers.
If you have questions or need more information about the aquatics complex or its programs, call (413) 748-3445.