Services to Students with Disabilities
Support services for students with disabilities are coordinated through Learning Support Services. The director of Learning Support Services meets with individual students to verify eligibility for services, identify their needs, and to determine the appropriate support services and accommodations.
It is the student’s responsibility to self-identify and request accommodations and support services.
Students Rights and Responsibilities
Every otherwise qualified student with a documented disability has the following rights:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, activities, and facilities available through the college or university
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aides determined by the institution on a case-by-case basis and/or course-by-course basis
- Complete confidentiality of all information pertaining to his/her disability with the choice of the person to whom to disclose the disability, except as required by law
- Information available in accessible formats
- Meet requisite qualifications and essential technical standards, both academic and institutional, including the student code of conduct
- Identify him/herself in a timely manner as an individual with a disability when requesting an accommodation from appropriate service providers
- Provide documentation from a qualified source that verifies the nature of the disability, functional limitations, and need for specific accommodations
- Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments and services