Standards for Educator Preparation Programs
All of the Springfield College educator preparation programs have undergone a rigorous review process and have been recognized by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as approved programs. In order to ensure the quality of our graduates we have numerous standards in place.
These include requirements for admission, standards for practicum placement and exit requirements. For example, all students must:
- Successfully complete required license specific content and professional preparation coursework;
- Maintain minimum grade point averages;
- Pass all required Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL);
- Successfully complete all required fieldwork;
- Earn the recommendation of the department chair or program director.
Use the following links to see the detailed requirements and standards that must be met in order to make satisfactory progress and successfully complete one of our undergraduate or graduate approved licensure programs.