Registration Procedure & Guidelines
All juniors and seniors enrolled at Springfield College are invited and encouraged to participate in Scholars in Action. Please take the following steps to submit your application:
(1) Gain approval for your project from a faculty sponsor.
(2) Complete the online registration form found here.
(3) The Abstract Form (will be emailed to you after completing Step 2).
*Note: A maximum of four presenters allowed per group.
Presentations may include:
- Research posters (experimental, analytical, descriptive)
- Conference Papers (analytical)
- Artwork (drawings, paintings, prints, photography, sculpture, ceramics, crafts)
- Literary Readings (from published poetry, fiction, and newspaper articles)
- Portfolios (showcase of your professional strengths in a particular discipline)
- Multimedia presentations (combination of text, audio, still images, animation, video, and/or interactivity)
*Note: If you have difficulty deciding which category to select, please review descriptions of the presentation categories and seek advice from your faculty sponsor.
Posters may be displayed on panels measuring 22.5” wide by 34” high (maximum of 3 panels), or as one larger poster measuring 56” wide by 36” high. The campus Print Shop can produce either size poster.
You may use the templates below (PowerPoint files) as guidelines for your poster. Please modify the sections, colors, and overall layout to fit the purpose and scope of your project.
Right click on either poster template below and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" to save the PowerPoint file to your computer or disk.
|Small Poster (22"x34")||Large Poster (48"x36")|
For information on how to create or modify a poster, please check the Poster Tips page.
Artwork, Multimedia, and Portfolio Guidelines
Guidelines for these projects are flexible. When completing the online registration form, please describe the amount of space and type of materials or technology needed for your presentation.