The Youth Development minor is open to all students wanting an additional context and practical skills for working with youth. The courses taken for the minor highlight the interdisciplinary nature of Youth Development and can enhance students’ courses of study. Students in this minor will understand the key ideas of youth development and will be able to integrate the concepts into their formal and informal work with young people.
Required Courses (18 credits)
- PSYC 250 - Childhood and Adolescent Development Credits: 3
- YDEV 101 - Introduction to Youth Development Credits: 3
- YDEV 240 - Youth in Society Credits: 3
- YDEV 280 - Designing and Implementing Youth Programs Credits: 3
- YDEV 330 - Programming for Diverse Youth Populations Credits: 3
- YDEV 350 - Philosophies and Theories of Youth Development Credits: 3