Rehabilitation and Disabilities Studies Minor (15 SH)
Do you want to work with people? Are you a good communicator?
Consider the growing field of rehabilitation counseling!
The average annual salary for certified rehabilitation counselors is $57,176. Jobs are expected to grow by 19 percent over the next few years.
Work with: infants, children, adults, elders, athletes, or veterans with a variety of disabilities such as autism, polytrauma, traumatic brain injury, amputations, hearing loss, burns, visual impairments, substance abuse, cerebral palsy, psychiatric disorders, intellectual disabilities, and heart disease, among others.
Required Core Courses (6 SH):
- RHDS 230 – Psychology of Disability (3SH)
- RHDS 370 – Interviewing & Case Study Methods (3SH)
Choose 3 courses below (9 SH) or one specialization area:
- RHDS 464 – Rehabilitation and Developmental Disabilities (3SH)
- RHDS 442 – Behavioral Techniques (3SH)
- RHDS 483 – Learning Disabilities (3SH)
- CMDS 101 – Intro to Communication Disorders (3SH)
- RHDS 475 – Integrated Medicine (3SH)
- RHDS 477 – Assistive Technology (3SH)
- RHDS 585 – Treatment Methods in Substance Abuse (3SH)
- RHDS 587 – Substance Abuse and Family Treatment (3SH)
- RHDS 492 – Group Techniques in Rehabilitation (3SH)
General Rehabilitation Services
- RHDS 260 – Human Disease and Chronic Illness (3SH)
- RHDS 402 – Implication of Disability for the Family (3SH)
- RHDS 470 – Needs of the Aging (3SH)
Want More Information?
Contact: Robert Hewes, Rh.D., Chair
Location: Locklin Hall, Room 112