Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) Category R (Advanced Certificate)
The Rehabilitation Counseling Program at Springfield College is currently offering a post-graduate advanced certificate to support Category R eligibility requirements. The CRCC Category R allows eligible applicants who have one of the degrees listed by the CRCC, and have completed a minimum of 18 semester hours of graduate study within an advanced, integrated program that awards a post-graduate certificate upon completion, to be eligible to sit for Certification as a Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
To be eligible for certification in this category, the CRCC requires that specific course work is taken either within a master’s, specialist or doctoral degree OR within a post-graduate advanced certificate or degree program, which is an integrated program of study. Individual courses taken outside of a master’s, specialist, doctoral degree or a post-graduate advanced certificate or degree program will not be considered as meeting the requirements of this category.
Acceptable Master’s, Specialist or Doctoral Degrees must come from the following majors:
- Behavioral Health
- Behavioral Science
- Disability Studies
- Human Relations
- Human Services
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Vocational Assessment/Evaluation
The Required course work and corresponding courses offered at Springfield College consist of:
- ONE course on Theories and Techniques of Counseling (RHDS 635);
- ONE course on Foundations of Rehabilitation Counseling (RHDS 505);
- ONE course on Assessment (RHDS 640);
- ONE course on Occupational Information or Job Placement (RHDS 644);
- ONE course on Medical or Psychosocial and Cultural Aspects of Disabilities (RHDS 546);
- ONE course on Community Resources or Delivery of Rehabilitation Services (RHDS 506).
Apply Today! Contact:
Dr. Michael P. Accordino, Graduate Coordinator