Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program
The physical therapy graduate program entails three-and-a-half years that culminate in the awarding of an entry level physical therapy degree. Starting with a summer semester between the third and fourth year at Springfield College, students will enter the professional D.P.T. program as graduate students to earn an entry level doctor of physical therapy (D.P.T.) degree. You'll jump directly into the professional preparation with challenging and fascinating courses such as:
- human anatomy
- human movement
- research methodology and statistics
During your professional preparation, you’ll also do hands-on work in full-time clinical experiences in approved clinical education facilities.
We keep an eye on our curriculum by frequently reviewing practice and accreditation requirements to ensure quality. Once enrolled, you'll be required to maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average, but with physical therapy students tending to be in the top twenty percent of their graduating classes, this should be no problem. Besides being deeply involved in their studies, our students regularly participate in co-curricular activities and are service-oriented in their on- and off-campus focus.
Athletic Training/Doctor of Physical Therapy Dual Degree at Springfield CollegeSpringfield College offers a dual-entry option for elite applicants combining an undergraduate athletic training degree and a doctor of physical therapy degree in only seven years. This dual degree program is the best route to a career in sport rehabilitation, and will provide graduates with superior opportunities for professional advancement. Read more.
Five Great Reasons:
- CAPTE accredited since 1988
- DPT Program Length: 3 calendar years; 7 semesters
- Faculty: 9 Full-time; 12 Adjunct
- Students: 35-40 per cohort
- Clinical sites: >250 site contracts
- Hours of clinical education: 1320
- Graduation rate: 96% (3 year average)
- Overall Licensure examination pass rate from FSBPT: 96.6% (2008-2010)
- Licensure exam pass rate for most recent DPT class: 100% (2011)
- Employment rate: 100% employed (3 year average)