Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
The certificate of advanced graduate study program can be completed in physical education or health education. It is designed for graduate students who wish additional study beyond the master's program and/or intend to qualify for administrative positions that require further education.
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study In Physical Education Program Requirement Sheet(.doc)
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study In Health Education Program Requirement Sheet(.doc)
Ph.D. Program: Teaching and Administration in Physical Education
The teaching and administration in physical education doctoral program is designed to provide broad based preparation in the field of physical education and offers students the opportunity to design a program of study to meet their educational needs. The intent of the program is to expose students to various sub-disciplines in the field from which they will build a specific area of research study. Graduates are well versed in their research area, yet knowledgeable about the many interrelated content areas in the field. This preparation ensures a more holistic and inclusive view of physical education than is found in many programs where specialization in one area is the emphasis.
To learn more about the objectives, standards, and related policies and procedures for doctoral study at Springfield College, view the online PDF document here: Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education PH.D.(.pdf)
Become a TeacherTeacher licensure programs are available within this department. For details, visit the Office of Educator Preparation and Licensure.
Important Information for Graduate Students
- Independent Study Procedures(.doc)
- Important Dates for Poster Presentations and Independent Studies(.doc)
- Application for Poster Presentation(.doc)
- Poster Template(.ppt)
- Poster Guidelines & Format(.doc)
- Poster Suggestions(.doc)
Beyond Fun And Games: How Physical Educators Learn To Teach
- Read the Triangle article written by Shannon Langone.