How to Apply / Prerequisite Information
Do you want to become an OT? Are you a high school student, or maybe an undergraduate student who wants to transfer to Springfield College?
- Then you would apply to begin the program as an undergraduate, and the admissions office will provide you with all the forms you need. You can call them at (413) 748-3136 or visit their webpage to download forms and apply online. You may also contact the OT Department at (413) 748-3581 for further information.
Do you have a bachelor's degree in another field/major and you want to become an OT?
- Then you will want to apply to our entry-level master's (ELM) degree program as a graduate student. You can visit the graduate admissions webpage to apply online - be sure to download the supplemental forms on the right side of this page and submit them as well. If you would rather receive an application packet in the mail, call the graduate admissions office at (413) 748-3225. You may also call the OT Department at (413) 748-3581 with specific questions once you've reviewed the application materials.
Prerequisite courses for the Entry-Level Master's Degree program include:
- Physical Sciences: Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 with labs*, plus one additional physical science with lab (Physics, Chemistry, or Kinesiology recommended)
- Social sciences: Intro to Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Abnormal Psychology, plus one additional social science course (Child Development recommended)
- Two semesters of English, including composition
- Intro to statistics
*The A&P courses must have been completed within the last five years
The OT program admits students for Fall entry only. The official deadline for applications to be received in the Graduate Admissions Office is January 1. All supporting credentials (transcripts, references, etc.) must be received by February 1 for an applicant to be considered.
The links on the right will take you to the supplemental forms that should accompany your application. They include specific tips on the kinds of information we're looking for as we evaluate each candidate for admission, worksheets for listing your prerequisite courses and OT-related experiences, and information about background checks required for completing fieldwork in the program. Please enclose the checklist and worksheets with your application packet, but keep copies for your own records.
By the way, we do not require GREs. However, if you've already taken them and are proud of your scores, be sure to include them with your application!