Develop a research question based on health education theory, research, and practice
- Assess individual and group health and educational needs using primary and secondary sources
- Develop effective and efficient intervention strategies to change health behaviors
- Write goals and objectives
- Manage program resources: people, fiscal, materials, community
- Identify and develop data collection and evaluation instruments
- Demonstrate information literacy in all facets of health promotion activities
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of scientific literature regarding health promotion content and issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories regarding health behavior change and the application to health promotion activities and programs
- Effectively implement health promotion initiatives
- Demonstrate the effective use of educational and promotional materials
- Organize and present information in verbal and written formats
- Demonstrate effective administrative skills in the management of a health promotion program.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including interviewing, public speaking, and facilitating group processes, and digital media
- Promote the effectiveness of health promotion programs through the use of marketing strategies, public relations, and business protocol and awareness
- Complete investigation of a research question in the field of health promotion
- Provide health promotion service activities including consultation for groups, agencies, or businesses.
- Organize community health promotion programs
- Demonstrate communication, computer marketing, and public relations skills effectively in a variety of health promotion settings.
- Communicate research and evaluation findings to stakeholders and laypeople through written and oral reports
- Analyze results and evaluate the short and long-term effectiveness of a behavioral intervention activities
- Demonstrate the ability to use program evaluation to enhance program operation